the internet ideas blog

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Caring Ties

This morning I received an email from Peter who owns the company behind a new mobile app called "Caring Ties."  He asked me to take a look at his website and give him a call.  I thought it might be interesting to write about the suggestions I gave him to increase the number of conversions, or in this case downloads.

To start, I read the website over and I can honestly say I like the product.  As families become more involved with the care of aging loved ones and even with youngsters it's hard to keep track of all the important information like medications, medical needs, vaccinations and the like. Communication can be missed or misconstrued.  The Caring Ties app is great for keeping everyone in the family on the same page.

Now, on to the website:


The first thing that strikes me is the almost universal sign for remembering with the string around the finger.  The design is clean, makes great use of white space and the image is striking.  The thing that isn't apparent is why I need this app, what problem does it solve.  It's a simple question of motivation - why should I look any further at this website? Doesn't Facebook, email, cell phones and the like tie families together?


The second panel of the rotating banner doesn't really give any further reason to get the app.  Just more features.  

My advice: 
  • Focus on the problem and how the app solves the problem.
  • Use real people, faces, families to convey the problem and the secure feeling the solution can provide.
  • Forget about features, tell me the benefits.  Why is it important to have the reminders? 
  • Use the blog and testimonials to give real life examples of how this app will help.
In addition, the text on the website is very sparse and doesn't really have any words people would use to look for anything similar.  I suggested that while rewriting the text to focus on the problem, solution and benefits the natural language will be better for people searching for tools to help them in caring for family members.

I am anxious to see the changes in place and find out how well the changes work towards increasing the app downloads.  It's a great concept!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44 AM

    Here's a link to the site: www.caringties.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good review as always you have shown both the weaknesses of this sites design and how to fix it. Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

from our blog

FeedWind

internet marketing articles